Monday, November 15, 2010

The Irish Community


 When it comes to community, it is more than just my local school systems or town or even historical figures that has impacted me significantly. As I've mentioned in my first post, my Irish heritage (my Irish community) has mad me who I am today and I feel it is that community which I was brought up in.




As I've stated previously, my family (especially my dad's side) have always filled family reunions with Irish music, food, and drinks and told Irish stories and stories of our Irish past. I have always felt it is important to know where you came from, because it shows a lot about where you are going.

Personally, my most direct descendants come from mainly three parts of Ireland -Kilkenny, Donegal, and Cork. I hope one day I can put my first stamp in my passport and visit this part of the world.

Any country that produces this can't be bad

No comments:

Post a Comment