Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Emblem




The emblem above is a recreation of the famous political cartoon by Benjamin Franklin "Join, or Die". I chose this as my emblem because as you can see I use a dog (a symbol of loyalty) and split it up into fragments. Each fragment contains a part or theme that persists in myself: politics, travel, stability, family, love, friends, my Irish heritage. The quote beneath is from my favorite novel Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand and is, in actuality, a promise to myself (and should be a mantra to all) to dedicate my life to always use my gift of reason to choose right over wrong, to never stop learning, to remain brave in trying times, and to maintain integrity through it all.

I wanted to show my mood which I project onto the world and, which can be a message that everyone can respect. I saw the "Join, or Die" poster hanging in my room and realized that was who I was. Just as those states were individually separate and each important to the process, together they were stronger and united. If any part were left behind, the whole would perish.


No comments:

Post a Comment